Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese word representing universal life energy, the energy which is all around us. It is derived from rei, meaning “free passage” or “transcendental spirit” and ki, meaning “vital life force energy” or ” universal life energy.” In using Reiki I place my hands in a series of positions over the body to get the energy in the body that may be stuck moving to promote healing by balancing the body on a deep level.
Reiki is a Japanese healing art that involves the transfer of energy from practitioner to patient and enhances the body’s natural ability to heal itself through the balancing of the client’s energy. Reiki utilizes techniques for restoring and balancing the natural life force energy within the body. It is a
holistic, natural, hands-on energy healing system that touches on all levels: body, mind, and spirit.
Reiki energy has several basic effects:
- Provides new vitality in the form of gentle healing energy
- Balances the energy of the whole person including body mind and spirit
- Releases emotional blockages
- Accelerates ones natural healing process
- Can be used in conjunction with any other therapeutic modality
- Can be sent over any distance
- Can be used on adults, children, Infants and pets